NYC StartUp Cup Internship
City, State Zip
New York, NY
Entrepreneurship Development Project Manager.
GriffinWorx is seeking a highly organized, passionate and self-motivated Intern to support the eBay 2018 NYC StartUp Cup, an entrepreneurial business building competition. If you wish to gain experience in a dynamic, global, transformational environment, this internship will meet your desires. You will report to the Entrepreneurship Development Project Manager. Responsibilities will include supporting the administrative, marketing and logistical functions of competition. This internship anticipates a time commitment from between 15-30 hours a week starting early-mid February through June 2018.
GriffinWorx, an inclusive economic and gender empowerment organization, is one of the largest business building organizations in the world. We operate a portfolio of proprietary and inclusive economic empowerment programming in over 60 countries. We bring the entrepreneurial spirit, courage and innovation of a world-class firm to address some of the world’s toughest challenges. Our team of change agents is focused on creating value for our partners and measureable social impact through our work. With a connected and engaged community of over 100,000 business builders around the globe, GriffinWorx specializes in mobilizing communities, entrepreneurs, innovators, stakeholders, business service providers and government officials to take strategic and collective action to make a positive difference in the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting marketing campaign through online research and outreach, emailing campaign information/follow-up phone calls
- Supporting logistics for the business building weekend event and judging round
- Supporting facilitation of business building weekend event and judging round
- Conducting regular in person and virtual check-ins with Entrepreneurship Development Project Manager
- Supporting sourcing and execution of materials for the business building weekend event and judging round
- All other tasks as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- A passion and dedication to GriffinWorx mission and values
- The self-motivation and ability to create and own a new role in a growing organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities
- Must currently be enrolled in or recently graduated from a bachelor’s or master’s program in business, economics, international affairs or related program or equivalent in a related field
The internship is considered a temporary, project based position and therefore the successful candidate is not entitled to any sponsored benefits. GriffinWorx offers a collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
To receive full consideration, please submit your CV to email@example.com with NYC Internship in the Subject Line
For further information about GriffinWorx, please visit our website at www.griffinworx.org